Friday, January 15, 2010

Where it started

My wife and I have been married for 9 years (together 13). In that time I made the mistake of pretending the red-flags that had presented themselves even before we were married, didn't really exist. I'm not interested in embarrassing her so I will not give specific details about those red-flags.

On December 7 2009 I made the proclamation that we will be separating. But it is never as simple as that.

Owing to what she described as depression and anxiety issues, our marriage has always been a difficult one. In recent months, feeling my limit of tolerance I gave her an ultimatum. Either get help or we discuss parting. She went to get help, but in so doing she reached a point of indecision. She just didn't know if she wanted to be married to me or not.

One day I asked her what I should be doing; should I leave her alone, push her, go house hunting, what? She couldn't give me anything definitive. In the end I decided I was tired of waiting and announced we are separating. And that kicked off several weeks of the final decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's never enough for my particular bent on things to be the only thing people read. Your feedback is valuable because it lets me and others see multiple perspectives. You are invited and encouraged to leave a comment on this or any other post in this blog.

Thanks,
Karl