Friday, May 7, 2010

Served

I was served last night. This comes after a very recent, and increasingly angry email exchange between myself and X2B. Reading through paperwork like this is never easy and I swear it's written with the absolute intent to confuse and bewilder. I freaked out... just a bit... for only a few minutes.... okay maybe a little more than a few... but you know what I mean.

I called my lady-friend (Does "girlfriend" sound better?). She talked me down. Got me breathing again. I poured some wine. She reminded me that documents like this are prepared in such a way as to cause a certain level of panic. Well, it worked! She told me to breathe (apparently I had stopped again). I won't get into details here but...Bottom line, X2B is asking for the unreasonable and unachievable. Feeling better. More wine. Still breathing.

This morning I'm still a little upset but in all honesty, after reading through the paperwork a couple more times and sleeping on it, I'm okay. Not panicked. Still upset at the finality of it all, but that's normal. I sometimes find it odd how two people can go from "I love you" to "I want to hurt you." I don't know when or where that happened. Ultimately, this whole divorce thing is finally and officially underway. And that means there is now a foreseeable end to it all. Good. After everything is said and done I will be able to walk away, completely disconnected from her and able to burry this period of my life. I think I'll call the last thirteen years, "That time I was away."

TGIF!

2 comments:

  1. I am going through a similar process, but am not as far along as you.

    I'd like to add this blog to the links on my own: http://www.gogostopgo.com. Please let me know if that's agreeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the good things that this mean: FREEDOM from someone that has a different idea about what life is all about, incompetence to understand you. Her ideas about what would make her happy. she has a lot to figure out and maybe the end result will be a lesson or a painful one. You are FREE to be centered, to appreciate the wonders that life has, to be your own man.
    to embrace the future, to smell the roses to wait for whine time, to find yourself, to be YOU.

    It is like saying if a door open, perhaps you should try opening the windows.

    Time will heal you.

    ReplyDelete

It's never enough for my particular bent on things to be the only thing people read. Your feedback is valuable because it lets me and others see multiple perspectives. You are invited and encouraged to leave a comment on this or any other post in this blog.

Thanks,
Karl