Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy "you" day

February 14, 2010

One of those pain filled days for me is Valentine’s Day. My name is Karl Valentine-Rothenberg. And when this day would come around, I would always sign the card, “Happy you day” or some such silly but heart filled way.

It was just one of the cutesy things I did. For me, it made the day exclusively ours and no one else’s. You see I tend to be somewhat of a romantic and have an overabundance of passion that just itches to be expressed. It’s the man that I am. This is the first Valentine’s Day I’m not able to make it exclusively ours. I can’t do one of those things that personalize it for us. I can’t even wish her a good day in a generic, cookie-cutter manner. And it leaves me feeling… well… cheerless.

The good news is I’m not crying… not dead on my feet… not lost in emotional wreckage that leaves me rooted to my chair, staring off into a vacant reality. I’m just a little sad. I just wish things were different… that’s all…

I have a feeling that today is going to be a very long day…

1 comment:

  1. Happy "You" day... It's okay to still wish it for you right?

    ReplyDelete

It's never enough for my particular bent on things to be the only thing people read. Your feedback is valuable because it lets me and others see multiple perspectives. You are invited and encouraged to leave a comment on this or any other post in this blog.

Thanks,
Karl