Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Finally worried

For almost a full week, I have enjoyed a good run of really good days. So good that I have not felt the need to sit and write. Which is my personal catharsis. I have spent time with cool people, taken part in one of my favorite pastimes, started organizing my garage/workshop, jumped into other unrelated writing projects. It's a very liberating feeling not to be bogged down by depression, or loneliness, or boredom.

However, I've noticed something about myself that has changed specifically due to the situation in which I find my life. I used to be a person who never experienced the emotion of "worry." Certainly, I have been concerned about things, or scared over something, and the like. But I have never had anything keep me up at night, or dominate my mind. This has had others accuse me of simply not caring. I never worried about anything because I have always had the sense that no matter how hard things get, there will be an end to them.

Now however, I worry. A lot. I worry about screwing up my finances, or about feeding myself, or forgetting to take care of something important... a host of things. And currently, given that I have lived through a handful of really good and worry-free days I am now waiting for the other shoe to fall. I'm level-headed enough to realize this is likely just another "symptom" of the emotional journey on which my marital end is taking me. But I still have that nagging at me and it's not a very nice feeling. I'm wondering what awaits.

Yesterday, after leaving my office I noticed that as I drew closer to home, my anxiousness also grew. By the time I pulled up to the house my stomach was churning and I actually didn't want to go inside. Which is a very weird thing considering that I live alone. It's not like I'm going to find some big hairy thing waiting for me. Checking the mail was something I had to force myself to do. While I don't understand where that's coming from, it's a very real feeling and something that I simply couldn't shake. I eventually left the house.

So what's the take-away message? That even when I'm feeling really good, I'm also feeling like crap. And THAT sucks...

2 comments:

  1. Nobody can predict what tomorrow will bring. You are going through the many moods caused by a separation and a future divorce. Also like anything in life there is a period of readjustment to the present circunstances. Just remember "Que sera, sera". Take one day at the time and focus in things that make you happy. Be good to yourself, your mind and your body. You are a good person and of great value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worry is good... it keeps you from losing attention to the important stuff.

    ReplyDelete

It's never enough for my particular bent on things to be the only thing people read. Your feedback is valuable because it lets me and others see multiple perspectives. You are invited and encouraged to leave a comment on this or any other post in this blog.

Thanks,
Karl